The end of the year is not only a time to look back on all the year past, but also to look ahead to all 2015 has to offer. If travelling is one of your passions, we want to give you a guide of the essential destinations to add to your bucket list:
- Dubai: an emerging destination that is in fashion. Under the slogan, “Definitely Dubai”, this city is making tourism one of its motors for growth. Dubai is a city that has seen a massive transformation in very little time, converting itself in one of the most dynamic and modern metropolises of the moment, as a door between the west and the east. Over 2 million people live there, from over 200 different nationalities and you can enjoy some of the most astonishing constructions you could ever imagine, like the impressive shopping centres, the Burj Khalifa, or the Palm Jumeirah.
- Namibia: the African republic is rolling out the red carpet in 2015 in celebration of its 25th anniversary of independence. The country is making a concerted effort to protect and maintain its rich biodiversity and offers an extensive, and internationally recognized, number of protected areas that cover approximately 17% of the country. From the Etosha National Park to the Kalahari Desert, passing buy the Skeleton Coast, Namibia will absolutely fascinate you.
- Burma: traditionally isolated from the rest of the world, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has found in the richness of its Buddhist temples a powerful tourist attraction. Now in addition, areas that have been difficult to access, such as the states of Northern Shan, Mon and Kayin, are opening to exploration. However, be aware that in very few cities will you find adequate facilities as a tourist. Without a doubt, this will convert the trip into an even more authentic experience.
- Vietnam: In 2015, the country will celebrate National Tourism Year, under the theme “Connecting world heritage”, to celebrate the cultural legacy of the country. Therefore, all the provinces and cities with UNESCO recognized world heritage sites will host various artistic and cultural performances and events. During the next year, for example, the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long- Hanoi will celebrate its 5th anniversary being recognized as a world heritage site and the 50th anniversary of the Ham Rong victory will also be celebrated. One of the most active provinces will be that of Thanh Hoa.
- Papua New Guinea: considered an unexplored paradise with more than 600 islands and over 800 indigenous languages. The country will host the Pacific Games in July 2015, a sporting event which serves as a perfect excuse to explore this remote country. The rugged terrain makes many areas only accessible by plane, unless of course you are a die-hard fan of hiking and climbing.
- A special mention of Mons (Belgium): capital of the province of Hainaut and nominated as 2015 European Capital of Culture, has a calendar full of celebrations which should be kept in mind.
Our destination guide is not complete without the top destinations as per our travellers in 2014:
Download the PR in a pdf version: PR_Destinations must-visit in 2015_20141217